10 Must-Haves for Any Hardscape Construction Project
When embarking on a hardscape construction project, there are a few key things you will need to make sure are in order. Do you know what to do when your hardscape construction project is in need of a little love? If not, we’re here to help! We have compiled this list of 10 must-haves for any hardscape construction project. From the initial consultation all the way through installation, these are the things that will make sure your hardscape is built to last.
- A qualified and experienced hardscape contractor: When it comes to choosing a hardscape contractor, you want to make sure they are qualified and experienced. Ask for references and check out their portfolio to get an idea of their work.
- A detailed estimate: Make sure you get a detailed estimate from your contractor before work begins. This will help you understand the scope of work and what to expect in terms of costs.
- A contract: Once you’ve chosen your contractor and gone over the estimate, it’s time to sign a contract. This will protect both you and the contractor in case anything goes wrong during the project.
- The right materials: Choosing the right materials is crucial for any hardscape project. Make sure you discuss your options with your contractor and choose materials that will stand the test of time.
- A solid foundation: One of the most important aspects of any hardscape project is the foundation. Without a solid foundation, your entire hardscape could be at risk of toppling over. Make sure your contractor prepares a solid foundation before work begins. Make sure to consult with a professional to ensure that your foundation is up to code and will be able to support the weight of your hardscape.
- Good drainage: Without proper drainage, your hardscape can become a soggy, mossy mess. Be sure to install a drainage system that will keep water away from your hardscape and allow it to drain properly.
- A realistic timeline: Before work begins, be sure to discuss a realistic timeline with your contractor. This will help you set expectations and avoid any surprises down the road.
- Regular communication: Once work begins, be sure to communicate regularly with your contractor. This will help ensure that everyone is on the same page and that the project is progressing as planned.
- A clean job site: Be sure to ask your contractor about their job site cleanup policy before work begins. You want to make sure the job site is left clean and tidy when the project is completed.
- A warranty: Ask your contractor about their warranty policy before work begins. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected in case anything goes wrong down the road.
By following these 10 simple tips, you can be sure that your hardscape construction project will go smoothly from start to finish. If you have any questions, be sure to ask your hardscape construction contractor for guidance. They will be happy to help you every step of the way!
1st Green Colorado
12149 E Baseline Rd, Lafayette, CO 80026