10 Ways to Keep Your Lawn And Landscape Near Me Looking Great All Summer
In the summer, it can be difficult to keep your lawn and landscape near me looking healthy and green. You need to water it regularly and mow it often. You should also fertilize twice a month, aerate every few years, and overseed in the fall if you want a thick, lush lawn that lasts all summer long! Check out this article for 10 tips on how to keep your lawn looking great throughout the summer months!
1) Water your lawn regularly. Water is essential for a healthy lawn, and you should water your grass at least once a week during the summer months. If you live in a hot climate, you may need to water more often.
2) Mow often. Mowing your lawn regularly is one of the most important things you can do to keep it looking great. Be sure to mow at the proper height for your grass type, and mow frequently enough that you never remove more than one-third of the grass blade.
3) Fertilize twice a month. Fertilizing your lawn twice a month is another important step in keeping it looking its best. Be sure to use a fertilizer that is specifically designed for lawns, and follow the instructions on the package carefully.
4) Aerate every few years. Aerating your lawn every few years helps to improve drainage and reduce compaction. It also allows air, water, and nutrients to reach the roots of the grass more easily.
5) Overseed in the fall. Overseeding your lawn in the fall helps to thicken it up and make it more resistant to disease and pests. Be sure to use a grass seed that is specifically designed for your climate and lawn type.
6) Use a mulching mower. A mulching mower finely chops grass clippings and disperses them over your lawn as you mow. This provides nutrients for your lawn and helps to retain moisture.
7) Remove weeds. Weeds can steal nutrients and water from your lawn, so it’s important to remove them. The best way to do this is to pull them by hand or use a weed killer.
8) Add some shade. If your lawn gets a lot of suns, you may want to add some shade. This can be done by planting trees or shrubs.
9) Improve the soil. The health of your lawn begins with the quality of the soil. If you want a thick, green lawn, make sure to improve the quality of your soil. You can do this by adding organic matter, such as compost or manure. This will help improve drainage and aeration, and it will also provide nutrients for your grass.
10) Get professional help. If you’re having trouble keeping your lawn looking its best, don’t hesitate to get professional help. A lawn care company can assess your lawn and create a customized plan to help you achieve the results you’re looking for.
Lawn care is important, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. By following these 10 tips, you can keep your lawn and landscape near me looking great all summer long!